San Diego Events February
San Diego Activities and Valentines Day Activities
Looking for some San Diego events February 2024? We've got a great list of fun things to do in San Diego California. Enjoy these winter 2024 San Diego events and February Valentines Day fun.
Updated December 5, 2023 by San Diego Beaches and Adventures
February is winter, but there is usually not much winter in San Diego. There are some great outdoor seasonal things to do, such as whale watching and tidepooling. Check out our list of fun things to do at home
if you don't want to venture out. And most importantly, don't forget to plan a romantic Valentine's Day activity!
Check out these upcoming things to do in San Diego, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, and Coronado CA.
San Diego Events February 2024
Whale Watching in San Diego
- California Gray Whales undergo their annual migration from Alaska through San Diego and onto Baja California. During December - April, whale watching is at its best, as the whales migrate close to shore and can be seen from land or see. One of the fun San Diego events. February is a great month to see whales and dolphins. For more information see San Diego Whale Watching
Explore San Diego Tide Pools - February dates TBD 2024 at various times in the afternoon at low tide. Fall and winter are the best times to explore the San Diego tide pools. It's free and one of the best kids activities in San Diego. San Diego Tide Pools.
Cooking party A private cooking party hosted by a professional chef is a great way to celebrate food with that special someone, friends or family. Or take a cooking class for something different to do.
World Photography Exhibit - Dates TBD 2024 at the Museum of Photography Arts (MOPA) in San Diego's Balboa Park. Free exhibit of the World Photography award winning photos and collections, shown printed and digitally. See what photographers around the world have created. mopa.org
Explore wildflowers in Anza Borrego
- Most of us think of wildflowers in March or April, but some years you will see a winter bloom or early bloom in the desert, like we saw in late January 2023 in south part of the Anza Borrego desert. Anza Borrego desert
Super Bowl 2024 - Watch the SuperBowl game Sunday February 11 2024. Even if you don't like football, the commercials are worth it. Still can't convince you to watch? It's a great time to shop in the empty stores.
Belmont Park - Have some old fashioned fun at San Diego Belmont park. Ride the Big Dipper roller coaster, play in the arcade, and try the wave machines. Belmont Park San Diego
Valentine Ideas - This year Valentines Day is Wednesday February 14 2024. Don't wait to plan this special day. See our Valentine's Day Ideas.
Romantic Movie - Enjoy a romantic movie with someone special. Movie Theaters
Guided Tidepooling Adventures in La Jolla - Select Saturdays and Sundays from Jan - Mar 2024. Naturalists from Scripps Birch Aquarium will help you discover the wonderful inhabitants of the tidepools in La Jolla, Cal. Reservations required. For more information see Tidepooling Adventures
Cardiff Kook Run and Costume Contest - Sunday February 11, 2024. The Cardiff Kook Run on Super Bowl Sunday. Have some unique fun in San Diego. Where else can you run in the Cardiff Kook Run. 5K (3.1 miles) and 10K (6.2 miles) races along the Pacific Ocean in beautiful Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Registration fee required and prizes will be offered. Get your team together for some great fun in San Diego. www.theekookrun.com
Romantic Beach Walks - Saturday and Sunday February dates and times TBD. Take a romantic stroll on the beach, especially at low tide. The beach trail at Torrey Pines is one of my favorites this time of year. Best San Diego Beaches for Walking
Hotel del Coronado Historic Walking Tour - Self guided or guided tours of the famous historic Hotel del Coronado, let by docents from the Coronado Historical Association. Reservations recommended. 619.437.8788
San Diego Zoo and Safari Park - 2 fantastic zoos in San Diego. Visit your favorite one, or both. San Diego Zoo San Diego Safari Park
San Diego Museum Month
- February 1 - 29, 2024 at 40 local museums, monuments, historical sites and gardens offering half-price admission. Pick up a "Culture Card" starting February 1 at San Diego area Macys stores. One of the best cultural San Diego events. February museum discounts for the entire month! San Diego Museum Month.
Palm Springs Vacation - Winter is a great time to visit Palm Springs California, a desert community that makes a great weekend getaway. Why not book a romantic Valentine's trip? Check out Palm Springs Vacations.
La Jolla Caves seen from La Jolla Coast Walk
La Jolla Attractions
- Sight see along the beautiful La Jolla coast with this easy walk. Bring your camera. See Children's Pool, La Jolla Seals, La Jolla Cove, Scripps Park, and the La Jolla Sea Caves. One of the best romantic San Diego activities, perfect for Valentine's Day. La Jolla Coast Walk
Taste of La Jolla Walking Tours - Enjoy a 3 hour walking tour with local resident guide and enjoy fine wine and gourmet food in the lovely town of La Jolla by the sea. Private tastings and 4-5 tour stops. Call for reservations (858) 551-5115
The Dinner Detective Interactive Murder Mystery Dinner Show - Join in the fun at this San Diego murder mystery dinner show, where murder and mayhem occur in a comedic atmosphere. The show takes place in the entire room, to keep you guessing who is part of the crime and not. The top sleuth wins a prize. These shows sell out fast, so make your reservations now. 888-619-0858.
Romantic Beaches in San Diego
- Since February is such a romantic month, why not visit one of the lovely beaches. Windansea Beach
beach at low tide is great for watching sunsets and capturing some San Diego sunset pictures, especially at low tide. Children's Pool
and La Jolla Cove
are quite romantic. In north county, try Swamis and the views from the Self Realization Fellowship temple meditation grounds (close at 5 pm).
Kayak at La Jolla Shores - Enjoy a romantic kayaking tour at La Jolla Shores to see the Sea Caves, marine life, and leopard sharks. Several different companies offer kayaking tours, or you can launch your own kayak at the free boat ramp. For more information see La Jolla Kayaking
San Diego Dog Beach - Show your dog that you love him, by taking him to the beach! Try the original California dog beach - Ocean Beach. Ocean Beach Dog Beach San Diego.
Romantic Sunsets at the San Diego Beaches - Take advantage of our spectacular San Diego sunset at the beach, which occur around 5:30 pm in February. Make reservations for an early Valentines Day dinner at a fine San Diego restaurant with a view, such as Marine Room in La Jolla, Poseidon, or Jakes Del Mar. San Diego Best Restaurants
- Celebrate Valentines day with those you love on a three-hour adventure sail on the Californian. Includes admission to the San Diego maritime museum and fleet of historic ships. Check in after 9 AM, sail at noon. Make reservations now for one of the best San Diego events February. San Diego Sail at Maritime Museum
Disneyland Ticket Specials - 3 days at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure during off season, with special deals for Southern California residents. For more info on all the best Disneyland deals see Disneyland Discount Tickets.
Old Town Saturday Market - Saturdays from 9 AM - 3 PM at San Diego Old Town. Join the fun at San Diego's largest weekly artisan market featuring handmade works from local artists, including jewelry, photography, pottery, clothing, paintings, hand painted glass, glass blowing, woodworking's and more. There is always live music and it is absolutely one of the free San Diego events February. Old Town San Diego CA
Things to Do in San Diego - For more San Diego events for February, check out these Valentine's Day Ideas and Things to do.